Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Spot On Womens Ladies Mottled Butterfly Design Wellington Boots With (KM267)
- Womens Elastic Wool Slim High Heels Over The Knee Three Wear Wool Boots Ths01
- White Women Sneaker Breathable Soft Ladies Leather shoes Autunm Casual Slip shoes
- White Mountain Forfeit Womens Dark Brown Faux Leather Casual Boots Size 9.5 M
- Roper Scrolls and Vines Womens Western Embroidered Fashion Boot B - M
- Jambu Womens San Fran Encore Size 9M
- Balenciaga Arena Men Sneaker 40 Light Grey
- Grenson x Private White Williams Perforated Derby Suede shoes
- Skechers Relaxed Fit Montego Leather Sneakers Men’s Size 8M Brown
- Men's Paul Smith Brown Leather Lace Up Brogues shoes
- Mens Rivet Loafers spikes studs england flats casual Slip On shoes oxfords size
- FILA FLAGRUNNER LOW - green BIANCO - 1010266-50K
- Retro Mens High Top Lace up ankle Boots No-Slip Work Safety outdoor desert shoes
- Nuevo Red Tape Teviot brown men con Cordones
- Men's Safety Work shoes Steel Toe Boots Outdoor Sneakers Hiking Climbing Sport
- Allen Edmonds Carlyle Mens Oxford- Choose SZ color.
- Kenetrek KE-SZ429-C Men's Bobcat Zip Cowboy Waterproof Hiking Boots Heavy Duty
- Air Jordan 20 XX Laser Size 10
- New Balance 574 Sport Lifestyle shoes Green Men
- NEW NIKE SB ZOOM BLAZER CHUKKA XT QS SHOES MENS SZ 14 AR5410 161 RARE SHOE
- Fred Perry Bodega 1934 434 Ginger SB5304 Men's SZ 8
- Gola Harrier Unisexo Brown bluee Ante Zapatillas
- Vans California Native Style 238 - Turquoise True White - Woman Sneakers purple
- New Balance MX818 V2 Men's Running shoes Fitness Gym Workout Trainers
- Men's Sports Running Athletic Sneakers Sports Breathable Flats Casual shoes Y94
- SAUCONY shoes SNEAKERS men CAMOSCIO NUOVE JAZZ ORIGINAL blue 239
- Adidas Pharell PW Human Race Trail NMD White Solar Holi EE7583 7,7.5,10 chan
- Kiss Men's's Baskets Basses Trainers White (white 01) 8 UK
- Skechers Relaxed Fit-moogen-Holder Sneaker - Men's Size 11, Brown
- New Balance Men's 220v1 Sneaker - Choose SZ color
- D555 Leather PU Suede Mix Laceup Boat shoes (Luther) in Navy
- Dr Scholl's Men's Slip On Loafers, Beige Size 11
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with